I know I said I wasn’t going to blog as much, BUT I was recently nominated by the lovely Claire over at Palm Trees And Taxis for the Liebster Award, so I couldn’t not share it with you all!
To be honest I had no idea what it was until I did some research and discover that it’s actually quite a big award, so thank you Claire for the thoughtful nomination! Basically the award is given to smaller bloggers by other small bloggers, but it’s evolved into being more about meeting other bloggers and getting to know them at little bit better!
Being nominated means that I have to answer 11 questions set by Claire and then nominate 11 other aspiring bloggers and set them my own 11 questions. So it’s going to be a long one so grab a cuppa.
1.What inspired you to start a blog?
I don’t know really, I guess I could say I needed an outlet to write on, whether that be fictionally or non-fictionally, I wasn’t really aware of blogging and what the style was (i’m still finding new takes on it even now!) The minute I started to get my own style and flare I really got into blogging and have been loving it ever since. To answer to question, not a clue what inspired me, but I’m glad I was!
2. How did you name your blog?
Here’s an embarrassing story, about a year before I started I thought it would be really cool to walk backwards try and be different, anyway lets not go into detail! I earned the nickname Miss Backwards because of it, so I thought ‘Yeah let’s name my blog after that!’ But I thought Miss Backwards was too boring so I incorporated ‘The Life And Books’ to show what I would mainly focus on. However, recently I have gone back to just Miss Backwards, just cause it’s easier for telling people about your blog and other PR things!
3. What is your go to clothing staple right now?
Currently and has been for some time, the classic skinny jean, various colours, but mainly the classic tones of blue. You can dress them up and dress them down, a must for any wardrobe!
4. How would you describe your style?
Eclectic, well I think to think so anyway. If I like something I buy it, sometimes I buy complete outfits, other times I buy.
5. Do you have any advice for beginner bloggers?
Keep at it. Overused I know, but it’s true, I soon realised with blogging (and pretty much everything) that you get out what you put in. You can’t just expect followers and likes, you have to work for them. But also be careful to only post content you would want to read, otherwise it gets boring quickly, which isn’t fun because blogging opens your eyes to some great opportunities, oh and people. Love the people!
6. What’s your dream job?
In an ideal world I’d be a fashion writer sitting at the front row of New York Fashion week live-tweeting to millions of followers, but that’s not for me. I can see myself doing it, but then I can see myself making coffee for the rest of my days (not that there’s anything wrong with it, I love coffee) But I want to be a lawyer, not my parents as it seems to be associated with this job “oh her parents want her to be a lawyer” I want to be a lawyer, I just find it so interesting.
7. Where is your all time favorite place to travel?
Dunno, haven’t found it yet 😉
8. What song are you listening to on repeat right now?
New York by Angel Haze (Ellie likes to enter videos to share her music taste with the world)
9. What is one outfit or piece of clothing you own that embarrasses you?
I used to own a pair of zebra jeans, but not any more. So nothing at the moment.
10. What store do you go to without fail every time you go shopping?
Waterstones, without a doubt. If there’s one I’m there.
11. What is one trend you wish would stop immediately?
Everyone trying to be the Kardashians. Why? I don’t understand they’re appeal? Plus I don’t want to live amongst sheep, it’s boring.
They were my answers, now for the nominees!
Matti at JustMeMatti
Brittany at BrittanyFenton
Josh at Joshuajstories
Frances at Royallyrouge
Tasha at HelloTasha
Anouska at Artinspoblog
Storm at Stormydoos
So I couldn’t think of 11, but I was desperate to get this post up so I’ll update it when I think of some more!
Questions for you guys:
1. Why blogging? Why not some other creative outlet?
2. Go to fashion item?
3. Favourite genre of music?
4. If you had to read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
5. Favourite season and why?
6. Go to music genre?
7. What do you enjoy the most about blogging and why?
8. How did you get into blogging?
9. What inspires your content?
10. Would you ever do blogging full time? If you do, why?
11. And lastly, Would you go back and change anything about your blog?
Instructions for Nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions above.
- In your post, be sure to link back to the blog that nominated you (me!) with a thank you and a shoutout.
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees.
- Select, list, and link to 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers. Provide them with these instructions and give them an additional 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so they know what to do.